Saturday, October 13, 2007

Three Posts! Golly.

I went for a walk today and came back with a pocket full of broken glass. And I was happy about it!

The previous occupants of our (former) farm had their garbage dump along a fence a quarter mile or so from the house. Most of it's long since gone, but if you poke around you can find some treasures. I think we've already found most of the unbroken bottles and jars, but I keep and eye out for pieces of colored or textured glass. Even some plain glass develops an interesting iridescence if it's been in the ground long enough. Today was a particularly good haul, with several bits of blue and green, and even a piece of Depression glass (the large triangle on the left, though you can't see the design in the photo.) I intend, though I've only completed one piece so far, to use these bits for jewelry-making.

It's the little things that make us happy. Hey, yesterday I came back with a pocket full of snail shells.



No comments: